Sunday, April 25, 2010

Taking a stand!!!

My life lately has been crazy. I am involved in so many things and most of them have to do with my Christian faith or belief in God but throughout every new activity or song I sing I have been at a stand still. I have been allowing the Devil to run rampant in my heart and my mind and it has tainted all of those seemingly holy places in my life. I hear all about the Holiness of God and the freedom that his love can bring but I was not stepping into this comfort of peace. I want to say that as of today I AM TAKING A STAND!

This is a huge deal in my life and I will need many friends and fellow believers to help me fight this battle. My struggle is purity. The world has made it easy for me to surround myself with sexual impurity, lust, self-gratification, desire, and many other negative ungodly things. I have filled my mind with movies, pictures, books, and activities that allow Satan a stronghold in my heart. I have felt that I cannot reveal any of the struggles that I have because of my image to my friends, church, school, and work. I now realize that my image is God and therefore so my life should reflect that image. It doesn't matter that I have been a part of these evil things because God's blood has been shed and covers me. That blood wipes away any guilt or shame that I might feel towards the world because I only have to answer to Jesus my savior.

I have the power to fight this battle and the devils schemes will not convince me otherwise. I am putting on the defensive armor of God and standing firm in the power that has been given to me by the Holy Spirit. I will fight for my innocence and purity of heart. I am taking captive the thoughts that have brought nothing but pain and replacing them with that which is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. I will flee from the devils arrows and guard myself with the belt of truth, breastplate or righteousness, feet fitted with readiness with the gospel of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. With these tools and the prayers of God's people I will make it through and will win this battle.

If you are reading this that means that I am asking that you stand with me in this fight. I cannot do it alone and I do not want to anymore. I want to bring in warriors of the faith to surround me and lift me up in prayer and with encouragement. I hope that in battles that you may face that you will ask me to fight with you in return. If you are willing to fight with me please let me know and we can defeat the devil and his place in my life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment