Friday, June 12, 2009

The Ultimate Provider

Hello Friends,

I just want to say that I am so grateful for the friends that I have. I have sometimes felt like I was walking this strange path alone getting ready to go to China but I realized tonight that God has always and is always providing people to surround me with encouragement.
Let me explain myself. My roommates (I have 8 amazing roomies) wanted to have a hang out night at our house lead by our friend Matt. He agreed to come tonight and we invited whoever we thought would show up. We have gatherings like this at our house a lot and we never know who is going to come but God always plans it just right. Tonight we had a great group of people that God destined to be there in more ways than just one. We started out the night with some songs on guitar and piano and reading some good stuff. Some of the verses were perfect for things I had been struggling with and the songs spoke to my heart. God can do so much through the power of music and tonight was no exception for sure. The blending of voices is enough for me to have a great night but it gets better!
Later my good friend Dave that I talked about yesterday asked if anyone needed prayer. We set out a prayer seat and prayed over people and whatever situation was going on in their lives for the next three hours! If you want to really get to know someone ask what you can pray for in their lives and you will find out. God has a way of making you vulnerable when you ask for prayer and pray for other people. Another girl in the group said her prayer request and I was put to shame. She talked about how she needed to raise thousands of dollars to work in Mexico for a year and I realized that with God how could I question his work in my life. I was so encouraged by her spirit of faithfulness that I almost felt like I couldn't even bring my requests to the group because her situation was way bigger than mine. I didn't want to say anything when so many other people had circumstances that are so important and of course I can pray on my own if I need it ( Lame excuse) but I got called out by my roomie Emma who said everyone needed to pray over me. It was exactly how it needed to happen and I am grateful to her for saying something when I don't know if I would have had the courage.
When they prayed it was God speaking to my heart and to all my fears and insecurities to cast them out. I was crying like I normally do when I pray or get prayed for but it was tears of joy to share this burden that I had been carrying by myself. I have so many friends and family willing to help that I can't be afraid to ask and I know God will give me the peace I need to make it through the next three weeks.

I ask that you seek the Lord with me and lift me up in prayer and remind me that I am not the only one wandering in fear and doubt alone. A wise person recently said if it's his will it's his bill and as corny as that sounds I believe the truth behind that statement.

Still on the course towards Christ,
Lauren B.

1 comment:

  1. Aww... Lo! You summed up exactly how I was feeling about that night. I'm about to write my own interpretation of the power of prayer, so stay tuned. I love you and miss you already. Have a beautiful week at camp and I will see you Friday.

    ReplyDelete