Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

Ok the pity party is over.

It lasted a couple of days and now I have decided that my attitude needs to change. I have come to this conclusion because of a three year old. Everyday I could probably tell her to have a good attitude when she doesn't get her way and normally it's necessary. Today a few hours after I told her that exact phrase and asked her is she was going to have a good attitude or not, I realized that my attitude is horrible.
My last post was very true but also very selfish. Who am I to say that just because I want someone to pay attention to me or make me feel special that they should. I have the ultimate Valentine everyday of my life if I choose to see it. I easily forget that when I get insecure (which happens often) that the desires of my heart, the seemingly good desires, are coming from a sinful heart. This in turn makes them filled with selfishness, jealousy, and discontentment.
The desires of my heart really are to have a family some day and take care of my own children, instead of someone else's, and to have a man in my life to lean on and support through the good and bad times but why do I feel that because it is is a good desire that I deserve it when I want it. I don't.
The Lord is good, and just, and perfect, and pure. He is the one that is in control of my future. I will continue to be honest about the things that I want in my life and hopefully someday that desire will be fulfilled. Until that day I will remember that the one in control of my future, is my future, and my past, and my present. I will stand on His character and live in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment